Tail Gate has distinguished itself by providing the absolute best experience possible for you and your dog. To do this we have put into place a number of important guidelines:
1) Although not required, Daycare reservations are encouraged. Pet owners must make reservations for boarding and grooming by phone, so that we may discuss necessary details. Reservations for daycare should be made online: After submitting their Enrollment Form (see Guideline 2, below) pet owners will receive a user name and password for Tail Gate’s online reservation system. Clicking on the Reservations link (present on each page of this web site) will take you to a login page, where you can reserve a daycare spot for your dog. Whether your dog is new or a repeat guest, making a reservation for boarding, grooming or daycare will help us to be as efficient as we can be and will help us to avoid crowding.
2) We require an Enrollment Form with a signed Rules and Release for each pet. This form is accessible on each page of this web site by clicking on the green “Enrollment Form” at the right side of the page. Please complete the form in full and click “Submit,” and your form will be delivered securely to our facility. Completing the form (and submitting your veterinary records, as outlined below) before your arrival will speed the check-in process.
3) We require all pets entering our facility, whether for the daycare, boarding, grooming or training, to be up to date on vaccines for DHLPP, rabies, bordetella and H3N2 Caninine Flu Vaccination.
In addition, pet owners must provide evidence of a clean fecal sample. Please bring documentation from your veterinarian or have your vet fax it to us ahead of time (630-626-3730). We require proof of up-to-date vaccinations from you or your veterinarian before your dog(s) can enter our facility. We strongly recommend that vaccinations be done at least two weeks prior to your dog’s visit, to allow antibodies ample time to develop.
4) For how Tailgate responds to injuries and illness, please review this document:
5) We require all pets older than 6 months of age to be either spayed or neutered.
We reserve the right to admit unaltered dogs on a case-by-case basis.
6) Quick-release collars and name tags are required, and leashes must be either leather or nylon. Retractable leashes are not allowed.
7) We enjoy all kinds of dogs, all ages and sizes. We appreciate the variety of canine personalities. However, dogs that are aggressive or territorial will not be admitted. Your amiable pet will be placed in a human-supervised, age- and energy-appropriate area with similar animals.
8) Please allow your dog to relieve himself or herself before entering our facility. Biodegradable bags are available at the front desk for your use, if needed.
9) On your first visit, a trained caretaker will initiate an interview and behavior assessment. This will help us to place your dog in the most appropriate area, based on age, temperament, energy level and size.
10) Normal hours for pet pickup and dropoff, both for boarding and daycare, are:
11) If special services are required, please indicate so when you make your reservation:
Some facts to consider while visiting: