Tail Gate has distinguished itself by providing the absolute best experience possible for you and your dog. To do this we have put into place a number of important guidelines:
- Although not required, reservations are encouraged. Pet owners must make reservations for boarding and grooming by phone, so that we may discuss necessary details. Reservations for daycare should be made online: After submitting their Enrollment Form (see Guideline 2, below) pet owners will receive a user name and password for Tail Gate’s online reservation system. Clicking on the Reservations link (present on each page of this web site) will take you to a login page, where you can reserve a daycare spot for your dog. Whether your dog is new or a repeat guest, making a reservation for boarding, grooming or daycare will help us to be as efficient as we can be and will help us to avoid crowding.
- We require an Enrollment Form and signed Rules and Release for each pet. These forms are accessible on each page of this web site by clicking on the green “Enrollment Form” at the left side of the page. Please complete both forms and click “Submit,” and your forms will be delivered securely to our facility. Completing the forms (and submitting your veterinary records, as outlined below) before your arrival will speed the check-in process.
- We require all pets staying with us, either for the day or overnight, to be up to date on vaccines for DHLPP, rabies, bordetella and H3N2 Caninine Flu Vaccination. In addition, pet owners must provide evidence of a clean fecal sample. Please bring documentation from your veterinarian or have your vet fax it to us ahead of time (630-626-3730). We require proof of up to date vaccinations from you or your veterinarian before your dog(s) can enter our facility. We strongly recommend that vaccinations be done at least two weeks prior to your dog’s visit, to allow antibodies ample time to develop.
- We require all pets older than 6 months of age to be either spayed or neutered.
- We enjoy all kinds of dogs, all ages and sizes. We appreciate the variety of canine personalities. However, dogs that are aggressive or territorial will not be admitted. Your pet will be placed in a human-supervised, age- and energy-appropriate area with similar animals.
- Please allow your dog to relieve himself or herself before entering our facility. Biodegradable bags are available at the front desk for your use, if needed.
- On your first visit, a trained caretaker will initiate an interview and behavior assessment. This will help us to place your dog in the most appropriate area, based on age, temperament, energy level and size.
- Normal hours for pet pickup and dropoff, both for boarding and daycare, are between 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. closed 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. reopen 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- If special services are required, please indicate so when you make your reservation:
- Mid-day feeding;
- Rest period;
- Grooming services (see Grooming Page for details)
- Swimming session
Some facts to consider while you’re visiting:
- Staff members are trained in the care and management of dogs. Many are Red Cross
trained in animal first-aid;
- Our dogs are the friendliest in town!
- We have numerous boarding options, from luxurious suites to smaller kennels and crates;
- 5,500-sq.-ft. outdoor play area!
- Outdoor swimming pool (open May-September)
- Special requests such as medication, rest period or mid-day feeding? No problem! Just ask.
- 100% epoxy flooring makes cleanup easy;
- Air conditioned with a state-of-the-art energy recovery system to keep your pooch cool in
summer, warm in winter and to reduce odors;
- Fully fire-sprinklered building for your dog’s ultimate safety.